Do you have any garden seeds left over from your spring planting? Seeds can make great spring gifts for gardeners, especially if attractively packaged.
Here is how to make a seed packet like the one shown above.
1. Download and print out the PDF file Seed Packet Template. Cut out the template and if you like laminate it for durability.
2. Take some decorative paper with a subtle pattern on it and stamp some background stamps on it in complementary ink colors to make it more interesting.
3. Place decorative paper back side up on your work surface. Place template on paper and trace around with pencil. Cut out envelope and fold in tabs. Tape or glue all the tabs except the top tab. Leave that one open so you can add seeds later.
4. Cut out a narrow strip of paper with a decorative scissors and stamp on it the word “Seeds” surrounded by small brackets. Glue it across the top of the envelope about an inch down or whatever looks right to your eye. Trim the ends if needed.
5. Punch out a flower shaped piece of decorative paper and punch out a paper circle for the middle. Glue circle on flower and glue flower to front of envelope.
6. Stamp large brackets around flower.
7. Turn the envelope over and cut out a piece of paper that will fit on the back. You can stamp it with a rubber stamp that emulates lined paper like I did in my sample or use paper with lines printed on it if you like.
8. Stamp the words “Species”, “Harvested”, “Location” and “Notes” on the paper, then glue to the back of the envelope.
9. When you fill with seeds, write out the information about the seeds on the back where indicated. Then glue or tape down the top tab or seal with a sticker.
Here are links to some of the stamps I used in this project:
Memory Craft Helpers
Journaling and Planner Words
Other stamps I used in this project are from 7gypsies, Inkadinkado, and Stampington.
Here is where you can get more of my free paper crafting templates:
Free Paper Craft Templates for Download
And here is a link to a similar seed packet project that uses the same template: